20 Years of 20/20


Today marks the 20 year anniversary of when I first became owner of an optometry private practice. When I started this adventure, I was fresh out of grad school. I was unmarried, had no kids, and was straddled with huge student loans. I look back and am amazed I had the courage to take out a loan and purchase a practice! I think I was brave in the way you can only be when you’re young and don’t know any better. 

Over the past two decades, I got married, bought my first house, and started a family. My office has withstood recession, termites, water damage, staff changes, and even survived a global pandemic. It hasn’t always been easy. There have certainly been plenty of ups and downs.  

On this day, I remember the optimism and excitement I had twenty years ago, embarking on a new life adventure. I have had so many wonderful experiences with patients over the years. And I am so thankful for the many wonderful people I have been able to meet and care for over the years. I am proud of what I’ve built. I look forward to what the future will bring.