I Am Your Mother


From the moment you were born, I poured my heart and soul into you. I painstakingly made sure you were safe, healthy, loved, and happy. I corrected you when you made a mistake. I pushed you when you needed a nudge. I laughed with you when you were happy. I hurt for you when you were sad. All those endless hours feeding you at the table. Lulling you to go to sleep. And as you got older, all the countless hours waiting for pick ups and driving to and from school.

And now you are both growing up. And this is the hardest part of all. Knowing that I have to let go, as you become your own person. Letting go and watching you make mistakes so that you can learn from them. Letting go of my own expectations and hopes and letting you develop your own. Letting go of being in control and letting you take control of your own destiny. 

Just know that I will always be here for you. I will always want what’s best for you. I will never stop believing that you are capable of achieving anything you desire, if you pursue your goals with integrity, passion, and discipline. 

I will always love you. I am your mother.